Promise Land K-5th Grade
Promise Land Ministry Guidelines
Teaching K – 5TH Grade:
The Northwest Community Church desires to provide a safe environment for all children who attend church activities. Preventive steps will be taken to promote the safety of children and those who volunteer to work with them. Accordingly, the church adopts these guidelines and procedures to reduce the risk of injury to a child from occurring while attending church activities. It is important that you become familiar with this information!
Teacher’s guidelines for Sunday school. (All age Groups)
Here are some practical guidelines to assist you in doing the best job you can for the glory of God.
- Must be a born again Christian.
- Must be a member of Northwest Community Church for 6 months.
- Arrive to church 15 to 20 minutes in advance.
- Be willing to get a background check.
- Greet each child outside the classroom and obtain name if visitor.
- Preparation pays big time. Remember Colossians 3:23-24. “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the lord as a reward. It is the lord Christ you are serving.”
- Always treat children with respect. Jesus said, “…I tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you do for me.”… –Matt 25:40 Your speech should always lift children to Jesus. Be an encourager. Learn and use names with respect. Teachers should never spank or hit a child. Derogatory language should not be used such as “you’re a bad boy” or “you’re a stupid girl”. No improper or offensive physical contact with a child is permitted!
- Pray for God’s anointing on your class, on other workers, and on your portion of
- the Bible study.
- You are representing Jesus. Look and smell your best for Him. Wear appropriate clothing. Always greet each child and parent with a smile. The children and the leaders will appreciate this.
- Please call Nancy 24 – 48 hours in advance, if you become ill or have an emergency.
- Fill out attendance and lesson form for each class and turn into Children’s
Director at the end of class.
- Please have a copy of a lesson in a sub file for the substitute teacher.
- All copies, supplies etc ready for class. (Doesn’t apply to infant teachers)
- Pass teaching materials to the next teacher.(If this applies to your classroom)
- Please leave room clean. Clean up trash on floors, stack chairs, and vacuum.